Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Beginning

There are a lot of things I love in my life....my husband, my little one, my family, my puppies, Diet Coke, mint chocolate chip ice cream, Haribo gummi bears (more on those another time)...you know, the usual. But I also love sewing and I love to cook. Two things I don't necessarily think I would have ever expected to find out about myself, that is, until I stopped expecting my life to look a certain way. And boy, did I expect it to look a certain way for a really long time. About 30 years to be exact. But here I am, at 32 (just yesterday!), finally allowing myself the freedom to "be" something other than I have been expecting for so long. So this, for, me, is going to be my journey into who I am supposed to be, who I am not supposed to be, the sewing projects I am going to tackle and the recipes I am going to burn. Hopefully I find one or two to keep along the way.

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for stopping by my blog! happy belated birthday to you :]

    ReplyDelete