Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Just as nice....

This morning I was able to steal another few hours to sew, though not exactly time to myself like I had yesterday. This time I was happy enough to be interrupted by my sweet little guy who always loves to do some "sewing" with his momma.
Well, okay, mainly he likes to sit on my sewing table and pretend that he is fishing off the edge with my soft measuring tape as his fishing line. Or sometimes I even catch him in my sewing room (my dining room) when I am not in there because he likes to take the cover off my machine while exclaiming "Momma, I have a surprise for you!". The surprise, of course, is unveiled when he takes the cover off my sewing machine. I love that kid.

Here are a few examples of what I was able to work on this morning....now, if only someone I knew was having a baby....or two.....or ten! :) I've been collecting these fabrics for a while, so it was fun to see them take shape today! That's my favorite part!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had room to store more blankets because these are adorable. :) Evie has both her purple and apple blankets in her crib as I type. I love having options!

    ReplyDelete