Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Monkey Cupcakes

How FUN! Both Tara over at the Trendy Treehouse AND Kim at Today's Creative Blog are hosting "Cake" parties this week! I am linking up the cute Monkey Cupcakes I made last year for my little man's 2nd birthday! They were super easy to make and were a big hit at the party! The candy display was also a big hit and as you can see from the last pic, my little man couldn't wait for the party before getting started! (You can even see my scavanger Mollie girl anxiously waiting for Z to drop her a little something sweet, which he didn't do of course. :) )

**Updated: I have had a few questions about what I used to decorate the cupcakes, they were super easy! Frost normal cupcakes, use a vanilla wafer for the mouth area, a nutter butter cookie cut in half for the ears, and M&Ms for the eyes. Touch up the detail with black icing and voila! Cute monkey cupcakes!



5 comments:

  1. these are so cute so creative!!

    following you now
    www.ladii-aponte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!! I'll have to go by and check it out! Thanks!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! I am a bit obsessed with monkeys, so this is right up my alley! I will have to try a batch, thanks for sharing! I am a new follower and hope that you will stop by and visit my blog as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcakes are adorable!!!

    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hw cute & fun! I am definitely putting these on my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete