Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!


My hubby and I are off to Vegas on Saturday for a quick anniversary trip and just tonight I saw that my girlfriend Sharla had "liked" this "page" on facebook.....

"What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas..
but what happens here, sure as hell gets around fast."
I actually laughed. Out loud. Loud enough my husband wanted to know what was so funny.
I've never been to Vegas before, but I am really excited to see "O" and gorge ourselves at the Bellagio buffet on Sunday evening. We have reservations at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill on Monday night before we come home, which I think is the one that I will count as our actual anniversary dinner. Hubby and I have promised each other that we are going to try foods on the menu that we otherwise normally wouldn't order, so we'll see if we actually hold up our ends of the bargain.
And if I listen just hard enough I can already hear the slot machines calling my name.....
ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring

Wish me luck! Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining our blog hop over at Sassy Sites! There are some amazing blogs out there, and you are definetly one of them! I'm a follower of yours too! Happy Friday! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to visit today. I'm adding your button to my blog. You don't mind, do you? ;) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a GREAT TIME! Can't wait to hear how the trip went. :)

    ReplyDelete