Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A few new Knot Bags

I totally planned on sharing these two new Knot Bags yesterday, but once I had saw the super cute custom dish towels posted by Mandy at Sugar Bee Craft Edition, I had to give them a try! See mine here and you will totally know why!

So, without further ado, here are the two Knot Bags I finished this past weekend...they just might be my two faves.


You can see my other ones by clicking here. After finishing up the last two I had cut, I think I will alter the pattern slightly the next time by extending the length of the small slip through handle by a few inches. The current length makes it really tough for me to hand sew the handle shut. If you happen to try the pattern and find another solution, please let me know!

Tonight I am going to be finishing up three more Sling Bags that I will share in the next few days. One thing sewing is definitely teaching me is how to be patient with unfinished projects, which I am thankful for learning, even though it makes me uneasy most of the time. Like when I am at work and all I can think about it my projects sitting at home waiting for me to finish them! :)

Is it Friday yet?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment