Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A little ackward....


So.....I always feel a little ackward promoting items I have for sale....I've always operated under the assumption that since I have my etsy site linked up on my sidebar, if anyone is interested they are free to check it out. And I still feel that way. But I have had a few inquires about my child apron / crayon combos since yesterday, so I though I would put it out there for everyone that I will be listing a few of these in my store by the end of the coming weekend.

I have so many fun flannel prints at the moment.....retro hearts, flowers, ladybugs, argyles and butterflies for girls and cool dinosaurs, robots and aliens for boys. If you are looking for a fun handmade gift for a little one in your life, be sure to hop over to my shop or convo me to discuss a custom listing for you.

Whew, thanks for hanging in there through that. :) Did the cute pic of my kid modeling one negate the ackwardness at all?

3 comments:

  1. You should not feel awkward...you have a good product and letting others know is important...I'm always on the lookout for good handcrafted items...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definately shouldnt feel awkward. I would look at it like you are doing people a favour but giving them the chance to buy all your lovely stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to get OJ one of the aprons, but I had a HELLUVA time getting him to even wear a bib. Shoot, he still eats his oatmeal with his hands occasionally and then rubs his hair. YUM.

    Evie, on the other hand, will be needing on of these in about a year. :) Maybe I'll xmas shop for next year NOW.

    ReplyDelete