Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thomas, Monsters and Ties - You know - Boy Stuff

Okay, this is finally the last of my "What I accomplished last weekend" posts. But before I talk about these fun boy tees I made for my nephew for his birthday, I had to put it out there that I am kind of experiencing a burn out of sorts....since I started sewing this past Spring, this is the first time that I have actually NOT wanted to go near my sewing machine. Not quite sure what it is about, but here's hoping it doesn't last very long because I have holiday gifts to make! :)

Okay, on to the tees! A few months ago I made my 4 year old nephew a twin size Thomas the Train blankie from a super soft flannel and a super soft blue minky and he LOVES it! So with a little of the left over fleece fabric, I decided to make him both a pillow case and a cute little tee. I cut out two of the Thomas emblems and then just sewed them on the tee using a zigzag stitch around the outside of the circle. Pretty easy!



I then made him both a matching Monster shirt and a matching holiday faux tie shirt like I made my little one a few weeks ago.


I can't wait to get pics of both Z and my nephew in these at Christmas!



My sister called me last night to tell me that my newphew LOVES the shirts and had actually insisted on wearing two of them that same day, first the Thomas one and then the Monster one! Isn't that the sweetest thing?

3 comments:

  1. I am a new follower from Boost My Blog Friday :) Happy Friday, would love to have you stop by!

    http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one with the tie is super cute! I am your newest follower from blog hop check out my blog http://mizzreviewlady-mommyreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the thomas shirt!
    New follower via Boost My Blog Friday :)
    Jen @ My Secret Home

    ReplyDelete