Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Little Something For My Girls!

It is no secret that I love these two girls....and I mean LOVE! So it was only fitting that I made them their own cozy little bed so that when they join me in my sewing room they have a soft place to sleep. Mollie and Macy are my best girls and they deserve to be treated as such!


I found the super cute pink bone fabric at Hancock's for 50% off right around Thanksgiving, but unfortunately it became one of those fabrics that just sat on my shelf patiently waiting for me to use it. When I finally realized that it would take me all of 30 minutes to make the bed, including the time it took me to stuff AND change my regular presser foot to my walking foot on my sewing machine to sew through the thickness, I decided to do it. Yep, 30 minutes. Start to finish.


Now, before you think Mollie is a bed hog and won't allow Macy to sleep on it, you have to realize that Mollie is a momma's girl, as well as the princess of the house, and only wants to be wherever I am at all times. While Macy loves her momma, she also loves being on squirrel patrol on the back of the couch down in our living room. So Mollie may get a little more use out of the bed than Macy, but that's okay, I love the company while sewing.

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Awww that is so cute! I have three kittens who love to hang out in my craft room with me too. I was going to go to Hancock's today, so maybe I will look for some cute kitten fabric and make them something. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What perfect fabric and what adorable doggies! I need to do this for our dog -- which is a great excuse to buy more fabric, right!? Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog today! Love it. We have 2 Cavaliers. A Blenheim (Basil) and a Tri (Baxter). These are my babies! I adore them. They are with me all the time. I can't go to sleep without them cuddles with me.

    ReplyDelete