Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Treasury Tuesday #1

Once I took the pledge last Fall to make it a handmade holiday for my friends and family, I can not even begin to tell you how much fun I had shopping for the perfect handmade gift for those on my list! And to be honest, I was more than a little sad once the holidays were over because I thought my handmade shopping days would come to an end.

But! I've decided to start a new segment on my blog called Treasury Tuesday in which I share all my fun find from Etsy with all of you! And nothing is off the list...whereas my Holiday Treasuries were put together with gifts for specific people in mind, my Tuesday Treasuries will contain goodies of all kinds....anything I see that I love qualifies to be on the Treasury! In the future I may decide to do themes, bur for now, anything goes!
Without further ado, here is a sneak peek into Tuesday Treasury #1 (click here to see the entire treasury on etsy)!

Barn Owl Primitives

Greensleave-Vintage Glass Jewlel Earrings

EclecticOrchid

Handmade Change Purse - little ovals on red
oktak

Do you have a favorite Etsy shop that you just LOVE?! Feel free to make a recommendation in the comments below and I will check it out (but please don't submit your own shop, support those you LOVE!)

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! It will get some great exposure for some hard working Etsy vendors!
    :)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that coin purse. REALLY LIKE.

    ReplyDelete