Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WOW - Words On Wednesday

Yesterday's post was all about one word, today's post is all about many! I thought it would be fun to start a new feature called WOW - Words on Wednesday! Here are a few of my all time favorites!



These words really hit home for me last week when I started my sweet E in daycare. While my head told me that it was going to be easier the second time around because Z was already in school, my heart completely disagreed. With Z, I at least made it to the parking lot on the first day I left him before I cried. This time around, I cried ON THE WAY to take E for his first visit to the classroom....and I didn't even leave him that day! I think it was Z had me to himself for 4 years before E was born, while I knew that E was only getting me to himself for the 12 weeks I was on maternity leave.


My head told me "It will be easier this time" whereas my heart said "He is your baby, stupid. It doesn't matter how many times you've done it". The heart always knows what the head doesn't.




I love this. It speaks volumes to me. Life never looks like the picture in our heads....and THANK GOODNESS it doesn't.

True. True. True. So true. We should close our eyes more often.





Again, true. True. So true.







Happy Wednesday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment