Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Customized Family Rules Sign by Signs of Vintage





Don't you just LOVE these Family Rules signs that are so popular these days? I do and I have been on the hunt for the perfect one that encompasses every thing that I want my home to represent for my family, one that speaks to me every time I read it. After searching and searching and searching, I found this great shop on Etsy called "Signs of Vintage" that customizes the signs for you! All I had to do was submit the wording I wanted to include and I had a proof to approve within 48 hours! How simple is that?!




So the sign above it completely ours, for my family.
I even included our most memorable dates...our wedding date and the birth dates of our two sons!




I love it!







0 comments:

Post a Comment