Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The best!

Earlier in the week I posted about visting some friends who recently had a baby, but what I didn't mention was that I tried another recipe from "The Pioneer Woman Cooks", my new most favorite cookbook. This time I tried her lasagna recipe, though when I say tried, I mean I tried to make it for my friends therefore I didn't actually get to "try" any myself. And I wasn't the only one disappointed.

In fact, my husband had the nerve to say "Why don't you ever cook anything like that for me?" as soon as I pulled the lasagna from the oven. And while I do not blame him one bit for wanting it, I wanted it to, I had to not be swayed by this but instead focus on his comment because it was coming from a man who anytime I try to fix a square meal to include all the food groups he is quick to blurt out that he was really just wanting soup for dinner. That's right, soup.

So, because I love him, I decided to forgive him and I made the lasagna again tonight. This time for us. And it was everything I expected it to be...and more. It was the best lasagna I have ever had...ever. And I made it. And you should try it. Here it is:



I think...no, I know what I loved about it is the spicy breakfast sausage in the recipe. Every few bites it was like a spicy little kick. And it was wonderful. The best. I am glad I love my husband.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I can vouch for this one! I bought the cookbook for my sister for Christmas last year and she made this not to long ago...sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I might have to see what this is about. I am NOT a sausage eater, but my boys? Yes, all of them love sausage. I might have to suck it up and try this recipe for their sakes. Of course, I will only do it on a day when I truly love all of them at the same time...so it might be a few years in the making! Ha ha. :) Glad your hubby got to try it. I hope he said THANKS WIFEY!

    ReplyDelete