Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Keep calm and eat cake!


Wishing my friend Tooje a very happy birthday!
She has a great post about her first 33 years
(brave girl for sharing!),
and don't forget to wish her a happy day!
ps this girl LOVES cake!

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate please! :)
    This is so sweet of you. Thank you. How did you know I needed the "keep calm" part of this message as well??? Never check work emails when you have the day off. Never. Ever.

    I might be seeing you Friday evening - considering staying at my dad's that night so we can attend the parade before jetting back to KC for the soccer game, and then back down again.

    Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your tribute to your StepMom...she must be pretty amazing! Also, I'm ready for a piece of Tooje's chocolate cake! LOL
    I am your newest BOBT Follower, hope you can stop by for a visit!

    Thanks, Becky Jane
    Raising kids can be a lot like weeding the rose bed...well worth it, but...OUCH!
    http://myelevenreasons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I am a new follower via the Thursday blog hop! Please visit me @ http://www.mommiesandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY
    I love your blog. Thanks for sharing with me, glad to be here.
    I'm here from the Blog Hop. I'm your newest follower, please follow me back.
    Also fee free to join our Typing Together Week Long Link up! You can find it under the Blog-hop button
    Tchoplin2009@gmail.com
    http://www.nontypicalmom.com/

    ReplyDelete