Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Fave Friday #5 - WEEKEND




This week's edition of My Fave Friday is really all about one thing....my most favorite WEEKEND of the year! It is my most favorite time of year in Kansas and the
Maple Leaf Festival is finally here!

Aren't those trees amazing? Those pics were taken around my little hometown this time last year and they are one of my most favorite things about home. This weekend my hubby, my (not so little) little one Z and I are headed to Kansas and will spend every. single. minute. of the weekend with our family and friends...eating, talking, laughing, wandering the festival, playing, and eating some more. There will be little to no sleep!

I look forward to sharing both about the trip and my booth when I get back , but if you do not hear from me by Tuesday, it is because I have packed up and moved back home to my small town where we barely get the internet. :) Have a great weekend!
ps If you are in the KC area, you should really come to Baldwin City for the Maple Leaf Festival! We would love to have you!

3 comments:

  1. TAG YOU"RE IT!
    Head over ot my blog to see what all the fun is about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your little blog through Sassy Sites. I just spent several minutes browsing through all your posts! I'm a happy new follower and I'm excited to see what new things you're going to post!

    Amie @ http://www.kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - thanks so much for stopping by Sunny Bug for BOBT! I LOVE your site - you're a sewer/crafter AND you sell at craft shows! I've been looking for a fellow blogger who I can share experiences with! Good luck at your show and I hope we can connect soon! Best, Liz **following**

    ReplyDelete