Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Friday, October 15, 2010

TAG!

Dorian over at That's Sew Me tagged me in a fun in a fun "get to know you" game...the only rules being I answer 8 questions, tag 8 of my most favorite people, and then ask them 8 questions.

Fun! Here we go....

1) What is your favorite thing about this time of year?
Without a doubt, my most favorite thing about fall are the maple leaf trees that grow in my hometown in Kansas.....love them!

2) Are there any big changes in your life now compared to this time last year?
I am sewing! This is a pretty major change considering this time last year I was struggling with finding something that I could do for myself versus spending all my time on my husband and my little guy. This has been such a positive change!

3) What is something about you not many people know?
That I actually sew! :)

4) If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
Greece....I just think I would love it.

5) What are the websites you can't go a day without visiting?
Hmmm...that is a great question because I love all the sites in my google reader, and there are too many to list them all. I do love the Pioneer Woman...I love the "realness" of her posts, I love that she is living her life to the way it was meant to be lived.


6) What is your favorite pasttime/hobby?
I love to read, but my current favorite hobby is to sew. I love creating something and surprising myself with how my project turns out.

7) What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
I love the send of community that blogging creates. As someone who lives far away from family and close friends, blogging provides a way to connect and share life....whether it be the biggest of deals or the smallest of the everyday.

8) What is something you really want for Christmas?
Ooooo....one of these. And to be with my family.



I am tagging these awesome sites!






Sunny Bug

From Blank Pages

And here are my 8 questions:

1) What do you enjoy most about blogging? (borrowing this one from Dorian because I like it!)
2) When you have a free moment to yourself, how do you spend it?
3) Aside from time for yourself, what is your favorite indulgence?
4) Are you a "everything is black or white" kind of person, or do you see most things in a shade of grey?
5) When your eyes first open in the morning, what is the first thought that creeps into your head?
6) How would your best friend describe you?
7) Your mom?
8) Your dad?

Thanks for playing along!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! Thanks so much for tagging me! You really are "Sew (So) Super Sweet." I will definitely have to do a "tag" post this week on my blog.

    Hope you have a fantastic week! :-)

    ~ Tina
    Park Avenue Chihuahua

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will playing along this week too. Probably Wednesday or Thursday if I can stay awake long enough to actually create a post. This weekend wiped me out. :) Greece, very interesting choice. Like it!

    ReplyDelete