Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sew Darn Cute - the book!

(pic from Amazon)

Another fun sewing book that was under the tree this year was Sew Darn Cute : 30 Sweet & Simple Projects to Sew & Embellish....do you have this book?
I cannot wait to try the "Neckace Tank" and the "Merit Badge Wristlet"!
One of my resolutions for 2011 will be to challenge myself to try new things in sewing,
which for me includes finally trying a zipper! While I am sure that seems super easy to most,
it has been something I have been avoiding, though I am not quite sure why.
But avoid no longer!
Shortly into the new year I will be posting all my resolutions,
are you making any for 2011?

2 comments:

  1. I have some zipper tips I can share if you want them. They make it much easier. I was terrified of them too!

    I need to check this book out at the bookstore.

    :)
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a new sewing machine today. This year I am going to learn to use it haha :)

    ReplyDelete