Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Monday, October 4, 2010

What I love about blogland

Do you know what I love about blogland? I was all prepared this morning to share a few Knot Bags I finished over the weekend and while I wasn't exactly excited by the post, I was pleased with the bags and wanted to share them with y'all. And I will. Later.

Because patiently waitly for me this morning in my faithful Google Reader was this post by Mandy at Sugar Bee Craft Edition where she had turned normal, everyday kitchen towels into fabulous custom ones!

Here are the ones she made....are these not the cutest?!

So I immediately had to try it! And when I say immediately, I mean, today, on my lunch break! And I did! And here they are!


I LOVE the way they turned out and they were SO simple! Will these not make the perfect handmade holiday gifts?! Who doesn't glance at custom hand towels at every holiday market?! I know I do!

Head over and see Mandy at Sugar Bee Craft Edition to get the scoop on how to make them.

3 comments:

  1. oooh!! great job - I LOVE yours!! easy, right? - Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding this project to my Christmas "to do" list. They are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea. It's amazing how you can give an item a boutique customized look with some spare bits of fabric.

    ReplyDelete