Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Top 10 of 2010

Since I started sewing in the Spring of 2010, and started Sew Super Sweet (both the blog and the shop) in August, I thought it would be fun to reflect back today on what I accomplished in 2010, so I can be encouraged going into 2011!
Many bloggers are sharing their own Top 10s of the year, so I thought I would also share mine.
Here are my Top 10 Posts of 2010 (by most post views)!












10. Countdown!

Do you know what I love aboout this list? I love that my all time most viewed post was about the very project that was the entire reason I wanted to learn how to sew, but also the very project I was the most intimidated by. I love that every almost all the posts in the Top 10 are about entirely different projects, from different styles of bags, to blankets, to coffee cozies to holiday tees. I also love that my post about my first booth at the Maple Leaf Festival made the list!

What great insipiration to try NEW projects in 2011! Thank you so, so much for being a part of my life this past year!


----------------------------------------------------
I am also linking up one of my own favorite links of 2010 to The Lettered Cottage's party! Head over there to see which one is my favorite!

The Lettered Cottage

2 comments:

  1. What a great list of projects. I think you have accomplished alot in such a short time. Wishing you a great 2011 with many more fun projects ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting us to be part!

    ReplyDelete