Sewing is a lot like life...sure, there are patterns for just about everything, but in order to love what you do, or love what you make, you have to change the pattern to make it your own regardless if the change is a fraction of an inch or the length of a yard. And more often that not, those choices you make to change the pattern do not work out exactly the way you hope. It can be frustrating and challenging, and sometimes you have have to rip it all apart at the seams and start completely over. Which requires patience. A lot of patience. But in doing so, you create something that is far more rewarding, and far more beautiful, then what you started with.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

He will always be my baby

This kid is offically enrolled in Kindergarten.

When did he become old enough for Kindergarten? I remember the exact minute he was born, holding and smelling him for the first time. I remember taking him to the emergency room the first night we brought him home because he wouldn't stop crying, only for them to send us back home after saying he was perfectly fine and that sometimes newborns just cry.


I have loved every single minute of this kid. Even the hard ones. Especially the hard ones. And I promise I am not being PollyAnna about it. I think having kids is the hardest thing I have ever done. And I lose my patience. And I get stressed out. And sometimes I cry. And sometimes I feel like I have given up a part of myself to be a parent. But I would do it a 1,000 times over again if it meant being with this kid forever.

I love him. Every.Single.Minute. Of. Having. Him. In. My. Life. He is the oldest of my best accomplishments in life. Gosh, I love this kid.


And he is starting Kindergarten.





0 comments:

Post a Comment